Thursday, May 6, 2010

Plugged In and Turned Up

Why do people need to have plugs in their ears all the time?  Well, I don't really mind that part - I just don't get it.  I tried wearing headphones on the bus to school when I first moved to Royal Oak once, but I felt completely disconnected from my surroundings.  I felt so claustrophobic and disoriented.  I felt like my other senses didn't work either - I couldn't see or walk properly.  Maybe that's why people like it.  I remember the first time I put earbuds in my ears instead of those silly headphones.  It was in grade 5 in the school field at lunch time and my friend let me use her walkman to listen to The Backstreet Boys maybe?  Or some other popular boy band.  It was so cool.  It was like the WHOLE world was singing to me.  It made me feel huge and small at the same time.  I remember wanting to stand up with my arms out and do a few circles.

But seriously people, I do NOT need to hear your music out of your earbuds from one end of the train car to the other.  That is NOT good for your ears.  And it's super annoying!!!  I can hear the boom-boom-boom of your song and a few screaming notes and that's it.  What's a tactful way to tell people to turn it down?

2 comments:

  1. How about make the motion with your fingers turning a dial down and have a big smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete