Monday, May 10, 2010

Hockey

Seems like everyone is obsessed with NHL playoff hockey these days.  I have to admit that I like following it a bit too.  But let me tell you where the real hockey action is!

Yesterday I went to watch the husband play hockey in the NCHL (Non-Contact Hockey League) in Chestermere.  I sat in a nice room upstairs that was way warmer than in the rink.  The first couple periods were full of impressive wipe-outs.  But then in the third period, he scored a goal!  His first ever of organized hockey in only his second game!  He was parked in front of the net and the puck came out from the corner and he got and spun around and put it in past the surprised goalie!  The funniest part of this whole story is that just after, on the same shift, he got a high-sticking penalty!  Bad Leif.  Don't worry - he made sure his victim was alright.

Next time you should all join me in the cheering section!

1 comment:

  1. Who is this hockey playing dude and where is Leif? When he left home - he couldn't even skate. Impressive!!

    M.U.M.

    ReplyDelete