Saturday, June 19, 2010

Golf

I never really thought golf was a sport, until yesterday.  It takes some serious skill and muscles in funny places to golf.  You've got to be able to whack the ball far, but also be accurate when you get close to the hole.

My annual company golf tournament was on Friday so Leif and I joined in on the fun.  It was my first time golfing.  (Except for mini-golf, but that doesn't count).  We went to the driving range for a bit first so I could learn how to hit the ball.  I missed more than I hit, and took a few twirls.  The lady behind me was laughing at my sounds effects.  My husband kept having to remind me to keep my eye on the ball and keep my knees bent.  Then we started the 18-hole course.  Luckily it was "best ball", so Leif could bail out his team of beginners!  Otherwise we would have been there for 10 hours!

Here's a funny picture that describes my experience quite well.  While we were there it wasn't raining, but it's been raining here for the past month, so the course was wet and muddy.  My ball landed in a big pile of muck so I went in to get it and I got stuck!!!  Hooray for wearing trendy rain boots while golfing!!

1 comment:

  1. That is the best picture!! Love the boots and the look on your face - it says you're having fun. Does this mean I have to take up golf?

    Mum

    ReplyDelete