Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cross Stitch

I finally finished my years-old cross stitch project!  With many thanks to my long train and bus rides.  I knew there was a good reason to live way out in the suburbs!  I'm really pleased with the final product.  And honestly, it's just nice to check it off my list!  Now I need to frame it somehow.  Are there places that do that?  Or sell the supplies?

Anyway, here it is with the rough edges.

And here's zoom-in on the bear and his bows.

Also on the subject of cross stitching, my lovely friend Maryanne did this amazing piece of work for our wedding anniversary.  I know just the place to put it, once it gets framed too.

Check out the beading detail on hers!


2 comments:

  1. GOOD JOB!!!!
    shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - good for you Laura - it makes me want to get my bear finished now! Michaels does framing at a very reasonable price (sometimes they have 50% off the second item) and the've done a really good job on anything I've taken them. Keep on stitchin'!

    ReplyDelete