Friday, July 31, 2009

Weddings And Other Big Things

Two young couples we know are getting married today. One in Alberta and one in Saskatchewan. And then another young couple is getting married on Saturday in Washington state. It all gives me a weird feeling. It’s like “been there, done that”. But somehow I want to go back. I see beautiful wedding pictures by 68Photography and MaevEden Images and want to get married again. Everyone has such cool ideas for their wedding and I wish I knew more about weddings when I was planning mine.

But really, it’s about the marriage not the wedding. And I think I love my husband more than the day I married him. With the real kind of love. The kind that does nice things when I don’t really like him at that moment. The kind that wants him to be happy all the time. The kind that makes me try new things even though they scare me or I don’t want to.

I’m young and little, and life is big and scary. It’s so nice to have someone who’s always there to tell me things will be ok. Someone who listens to my worries, no matter how small, and tries to make them go away. My knight in shining armour. We have big things in the works right now. It makes me hugely excited and a little apprehensive.

4 comments: