Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Farmer's Market

Yesterday evening we happened upon the Grassroots’ Farmer’s Market in the Northland mall parking lot. It was so neat! When I was young, I remember going to a farmer’s market somewhere with my dad to get peaches to can but I wasn’t too thrilled to be there. It’s weird how my perspective has totally changed.

We wandered around the market to see what all was there. Rugs, crafts, coffee beans, honey, fresh fruits and veggies, sausages, beef jerky, meat pies, jam, a man playing a guitar, etc... We settled on four sausages (with no additives or anything!), a huge carton of blueberries, and smaller cartons of peaches and cherries. All for 31 dollars!!

We had some of the sausages for supper and they were so good! And then we packed some of the fruit for lunch. I don’t think I’ve ever had better peaches or blueberries. The market is every Tuesday from 3:30pm to 7:00pm. I think we might have to go back!!

3 comments:

  1. That all sounds very yummy and I'm jealous! Is the Mr. going to make a peach pie for the weekend? That would be very good. I'll be waiting.

    M.U.M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Cool I don't usually like farmer's market but its cheap so that makes me like it better!

    ReplyDelete