Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Rest of 2012 (minus Xmas)

At the end of November I was lucky enough to go out with the girls for a fancy steak dinner and a Celtic Thunder concert.  It was amazing!  I will be purchasing some of their music very soon!

As usual, we spent many evenings watching hockey.  Here's a Hitmen game.

Watching Uncle Leif play hockey.

A Canadian women's game.

And the World Junior red vs white game.  That place was a madhouse!!

We've had some wheatgrass seeds sitting in our kitchen drawer for a long time and we decided to start a pot of them.  First step was soaking the seeds.

Laying down a layer of seeds.

Covering them with soil.

And just one week later it's growing great guns!

 All ready to go in my yummy spinach and fruit smoothie.

 The girls and I also spent another Saturday painting pottery.  Most of us made Christmas gifts.  Here are some of my creative friends' masterpieces.






For my family's secret santa gift exchange, I got my sister.  She loves animal prints (which I think is more than a little crazy!) so I made her a cheetah print flower pot and a zebra print travel mug.  To be honest, I actually really like how the mug turned out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment