Sunday, January 13, 2013

Blast from my Past

Last year I went through all of my old school stuff at my parents' house and managed to only take one small shopping bag home.  It felt awesome to purge a lot but I still couldn't say goodbye to everything.  Now months later I've finally been able to take pictures of these favourites and then dispose of them.  I've realized I put a crazy amount of work into school.

Here's part of a brochure I made for French class in grade 5 I think.

This was for a science project in grade 9 and I absolutely love the layout of the circles!

A couple pages from a grade 8 "The Disappearing Rainforest" book.  Good thing I didn't become an artist!!


A page from my "Tower of Terror" story published in grade 5.

A page from a magazine about China I also did in grade 5.  It even had ads!

My poetry anthology from junior high school I think.  The coolest part of this project was that my mom made one very similar when she was in grade school.

 My favourite page from the "collected" section.  Best oldie song ever!

My favourite page from the "written" section.  I wrote this poem with a couple of my cousins.

This was a huge social studies project about Canada we did in grade 10.  My partner and I got 100%!

But looking back on it, we really shouldn't have.  Apparently Canada has two Nunavut territories but somehow no Yukon??  I guess our teacher was so enamoured by all the pictures and neat facts he missed that little detail!


Calgary's page!

 The big map at the end.  We were serious overachievers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment