Saturday, June 15, 2013

hi ho hi ho, It's off to Work I go!

In the past couple months, I've been spending more time on site for work and I've got to see some pretty cool things.

Back in March I drove to Medicine Hat for an inspection and on the way there I passed this building that was being moved.

I've also had quite a few meetings and inspections downtown and sometimes I take the c-train to avoid having to park my car. I get to see this amazing tower on the way and wave hello to my brother-in-law who works there.

One of the types of inspections I do is checking the reinforcement in concrete members before the concrete is poured.  This is a grade beam that will eventually support the edge of a slab on grade and a new masonry wall for an apartment that is being converted into a hotel.

One of the coolest site visits I've done recently is at the new air traffic control tower for the airport. It is designated as a post-disaster building meaning that it needs to have its mechanical equipment seismically restrained. 

After the formal inspection, the contractor took us up to the observation deck and it has the most amazing 360 degree view!

The airport...

Outlying communities...

And downtown...



No comments:

Post a Comment