Thursday, September 6, 2012

September Long Weekend 2012

We were sad our friends that came out to the lake with us this time last year couldn't come this year, but we brought some other awesome people to hang out with instead.

On Saturday the guys went jet-skiing...


...while the girls went downtown to go shopping.  We didn't buy anything except some pretty lattes and yummy baked goods.


In the afternoon the weather wasn't good enough to go boating, so some of us went golfing instead.

The best smelling flowers ever.

We finished off the evening by playing Rook.  This was my hand before discarding the nest one round.  Pretty much impossible!

 On Monday morning before we left, my FIL took me up in his sleek looking airplane!

The runway.

The pro golf course.

Postcard picture almost!

And then, as I requested, we started pulling positive Gs!!!  It was sooooooo much fun.  I was giggling pretty much the whole time.  We got up to 3.5Gs by banking the plane and then turning sharply.  You can see how hard I was working just to take a picture!  I wasn't sick at all while we were stunting, but back on the ground I felt pretty gross for about an hour.  Definitely worth it though!

A cool looking field on the way back.

This was the boys drive home drink - a whole jug of Dutchmen Dairy chocolate milk!

1 comment:

  1. Leif and Laura, The pics are awesome and we enjoy seeing what all is happening out there in your world. Keep up the great blog. Melanie

    ReplyDelete