Sunday, February 21, 2010

Re-Covered

When we were young, my sister and I temporarily got into sewing.  My sister used her Ralph Bucks to buy a sewing machine and we got busy making pyjama pants.  Then mine turned into pyjama shorts.  And then they didn't turn out so well.  I also bought some pillow forms and sewed covers for them.  These pillows were in my mom's pile of stuff at their house that I needed to either take home or get rid of, so I took them.  Unfortunately, the fabric wasn't very grown up.  That meant I had to learn how to sew again!

So reading week finally came, and Molly agreed to go to Fabricland with me to pick out new fabric that would match our living room.  And Freya agreed to let me use her sewing machine and re-teach me how to sew!  Here's the final product.  One pillow will sit in each of our ikea chairs.



And here's a zoom in so you can see the cool fabric a bit better.


Slowly, but surely, starting to make a house a home...

1 comment: