Sunday, August 23, 2009

New Profession: Hairdresser

It's official. I have a new profession.

Leif's regular hairdresser is on holidays for the rest of the month and he REALLY needed a haircut. So he had the brilliant idea that I should cut his hair. We borrowed my parent's cape, clippers, and scissors and I got busy.

This is Leif before. Looks really excited eh?


Side view of before.


After I've done the clipping of the back part. It's like a reverse mullet.


And, voila! This is the finished product.

Not too shabby for my first time I don't think. He looks a little happier in the last picture than the first. I actually really enjoyed cutting his hair. It's kind of liberating to have someone trust you not to make them look like a freak even though it was a big possibility! We might have to buy some supplies of our own. Think of all the money we'll save! I might have to learn how to give a good head massage though because I think that was the main attraction of the salon!

And an update on the turtles. (Because I'm sure you love to hear about them... ha). We've officially named them Oswald and Orville Olson. Oswald is the slightly larger one. Orville is the slighty more docile one.

And an update on the house. Ayla wanted pictures of the house... so Friday when we get possession we're not going to move anything until we take pictures. And then we'll take some after pictures once we have everything in the right place. And then Ayla can come and design our space. Yup, good plan.

Last week of work, here I come!

5 comments:

  1. wow you do such a good job of cutting hair...Garrett just gets a buzz cut because thats all I have patience for. Look forward to pictures of the new place!!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the turtles names!!!!!
    shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have to worry about my husbands hair!! haha looking forward to the house pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came and I saw. The turtles are interesting - smarter than I thought turtles could be. The haircut is amazing. Looks better than a $50 job at a salon to me. And the boxes. Oh my. They are packed and here we move again. These kids have some really nice stuff in their kitchen cupboards. Not the food cupboards. The pyrex and serving bowls cupboards. But I packed it all in their boxes. Honest I did.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete